Wednesday 27 January 2016

Stepping out!

Brooke has been learning to stretch her bad leg out much more at hydrotherapy and it is really paying off. She actually wanted to trot over the weekend and managed to organise her legs rather than looking like her front legs were hobbled together. I was so happy that she managed this that I cried!



So yesterday she had hydrotherapy session 3 and the difference was amazing! She didn't look lame at all and managed 14 minutes of walking. Our daily walking is up to 20 mins now but is still mostly in walk.


She has been allowed to do bits of walking with the other dogs and she still finds it very exciting! I took her and Brodie for a little walk up the lane at work and they were so cute together :-)


Her wobble exercises are really paying off and I think she is managing to stay a lot more balanced now. We are varying having one or two cushions.


I got Brooke a jumper for after hydro as she gets cold quickly. It is a great fit and has a zip which means its much easier to put on when a dog has a leg injury. I know the colour is a bit dodgy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment